miércoles, 6 de junio de 2012

Untitled

My mum's partner Frank is hospitalised with a rare form of cancer.  It has been such a rollercoaster ride for her the past few months.  Can you imagine the love of your life in a hospital bed, bad days where he gets confused and doesn't eat, and better days where he has the strength to sit up, smile and chat.  Heartbreaking.  And I am not the one living this experience.  My mum is.  She is breaking inside.  Trying to be strong around her family.  But sometimes it gets the better of her and she cries uncontrollably.  And that is O.K.  I am glad she feels comfortable to be able to show her emotions to me.  But we are separated by thousands of miles, mountains and the ocean.  It is hard.  I want to hold her.  I feel guilty for not being able to.  We have skype.  This makes it slightly easier.  And I will always be there for her.  If she wants someone to be with her while she cries, falls asleep, talks.  Empathy.  That is what I try to have for her.  I try to put myself in her shoes.  I have cried it all out.  I thought I could cry no more.  Then I cry again.  I imagine it to be a million times worse for her living this daily experience.  This is the story for many people.  Mum you are not alone in this.  I am here for you.  Many people are here for you.  You are loved.  Frank is loved.  That is what is important.  That is what matters.  I am not with you physically, but spiritually always.  I will be holding your hand every step of the way.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario