lunes, 22 de octubre de 2012

This beautiful, blessed place of mine...

Yesterday, one of the hens gave birth to seven chicks.  It was yet another blessing for our beautiful place in Laguna Verde.  It got me thinking that our home is so full of life.  I remembered fondly the birth of Blanquita the goat, and her pure white fur, a sign for me that everything was moving in the right direction as we celebrated the roof of our house being completed.   I remembered the birth of the goslings and how they waddled in unison, their mothers hissing loudly as they protected them.  I remembered bringing our dogs, Segundo and Clara as pups in boxes to this house.  They have grown up so much since and have turned into very loyal and loving dogs.  

As I remembered the past, I cherished the present.  I listened to the sound of the rain as it hit the tin roof.  I listened to the frogs as they croaked by the side of the pool.  I looked at our garden in bloom.  The olive, walnut, avocado, artichoke, plum and quince trees in blossom.  I looked upon the flowers in the garden, and the bees buzzing as they pollunated each one.  The cycle of life was so present and unfolding before my eyes.  This is my paradise.  I feel so lucky to experience the divine beauty of this world, the rolling hills beyond the house, the snow capped Andes glistening in the distance, and the sea as she crashes against the cliffs. 

While the signs of this life are evident in our parcela in Laguna Verde, other realms are not so far away.  The hummingbirds bring us news of our dearly departed and enable us to keep our loved ones close to our heart.    It is here that I feel such an overwhelming sense of love, peace and belonging.  It is here where I hope that ones not yet born will share all of this wealth and abundance of exquisite nature which money can not buy, in this beatiful, blessed place of mine.

1 comentario: