miércoles, 5 de junio de 2013

Thoughts in my head

I am at a place with so many contrasts. Somewhere so breathtakingly beautiful but at the same time so cruel and unfair.  Where you feel overwhelmed and in awe of the energy of the snow capped mountains and elevated by the magical kiss of the hummingbird.  Yet in a heartbeat you can be suffocated by the smog of injustice.  The cold wind bites your cheeks and envelops your soul.  Time can stand still but simultaneously fly by with the blink of an eye.  Your mind struggles to make sense of what it already knows.  This is my reality.  Confused by the indifference to such difference.  I wait for the bloom of the Atacama Desert.  Patiently.  And I wait.  But nothing.  Oh how I desire for that arid space to be full of life and delicate flowers.  With vivid colour and strong perfumed scent.  May the hummingbirds soon delight in its glory.   It just has to be.  It just has to be.  

1 comentario:

  1. So beautiful, Kate! You are an amazing writer. I remember that place and can understand those sentiments. I wish you calm and happiness in your new home.

    ResponderEliminar