lunes, 7 de mayo de 2012

A blessing for our new house.

Sunday arrived and we were making the last minute preparations for the inauguration of our new house.  This is a tradition here in Chile, to ask for blessings and luck for our new home as the roof of the house is constructed.  We were also taking care of the maintenance of the grounds, as the work never stops in Laguna Verde.  All our trees and plants need care, the animals need bathing and feeding.  As I was watering the avocado trees, Olimpia, my mother in law shrieked with delight - hurry, hurry, Makita has given birth.

I raced to the stable to witness the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.  There lay on the ground a pure white foal, a new baby for Makita, a sign of blessing of new beginnings for Mauricio and I.  Our new house, where I want to build many happy memories and pour all my love into this blessed place.  Our new life living together, in our home, Hummingbird House.  Small but perfect, and a haven for all our wonderful animals, and in particular, my favourite, the magical hummingbird.  As I swept away the dust in MY house to make room for the barbeque and our guests, and my mother in law joked that I needed to learn how to make my house spotless, I felt truly happy for the first time in Chile, surrounded by the people and animals I love so much.  The only thing missing is my own family, who in time I hope will share this wonderful experience and spiritual place with me.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario