viernes, 13 de abril de 2012

It rained today and I thought of you


It rained today and I thought of you.  The leaves were slippery beneath my feet, the rain smelt good as it permeated the tarmac.  The autumnal colours felt comforting.  In an instant I had left Chile and was with you again.  The boys were laughing as they squelched their wellies in the mud, squeals of delight as they ran in the rain.  I saw your face again, your beautiful soul, I sensed your maternal joy.  Oh how I miss you Charlotte, your words of advice, your warm embrace.  How I would love to hold and kiss my boys.  How much I miss Sebastiaan's sensitivity and Theo's glow.  It is so hard being without you dear, but every now and then, an experience in the present takes me back to memory past.  These wonderful memories I hold in my heart, they can never be erased.   

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario