miércoles, 11 de abril de 2012

O divine hummingbird how magnificent art thee...


 Have you ever held a hummingbird in your hands?  It is the most spiritually uplifiting thing I have ever experienced.  My love for hummingbirds began when I encountered one during my trek to Machu Picchu.  At high altitude there is what I can only describe as a jungle type environment and here was the first time I met with what I consider one of God's most precious creatures.  They are magical.  Breathtakingly stunning is not even a sufficient word to describe them.  I have seen them hover in the trees in Mendoza, Argentina in the midst of summer, and now, I can not believe my luck to tell you that they arrive in our garden in Laguna Verde. 



This beauty came into our house last Sunday.  She, I say she is a she because I have been told that the males have a red breast, was such a sight to behold.  I felt her heart beat, I saw all her beautiful colours.  Her presence made me feel such an elevated feeling of well being and peace.  They say that hummingbirds are a gateway between life and death, messengers from another realm.  I wonder what message this marvellous creature had for me from our dearly departed?  Releasing her back into the wild was a release for me, I let all my worries go, I let them fly away with her into the wind.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario